Sunday, August 22, 2010

The first days of school

School has been in session for 1 1/2 weeks now. It is a little weird that it is only August 22 and I have been goign to school for so long.

I was a little under the weather today so I am going to write briefly and then head to bed. Pictures will come soon.

I am really enjoying teaching this year. I have redesigned my units in both of my classes and although it has been a lot of work the payoff has been really worth it. I'm really having fun teaching and the students are responding really well. This past Friday in Chemistry we made peanut brittle to observe chemical and physical changes. In biology we will be building our own ecosystems soon.

Of course this week I am a little overwhelmed at the amount of grading and other things that have piled up. This past week we had no less than five meetings (all lasting at least 1 or more hours) throughout the week which gets to be a little long. I'm hoping for more planning time this week but we are also in the midst of planning for Fall Camp which is coming up in one month.

That's all for now,
~Jenn

No comments: