Sunday, August 8, 2010

Summer Time


I was very thankful to be able to go to America this summer for what turned out to be 5 1/2 weeks. During my time there I took a two night "retreat" at a Bed and Breakfast in the mountains of West Virginia. This was exactly what I needed after coming out of a stressful year with many changes and much going on. I sat on the porch of the B&B and read and honestly just soaked in as much blue sky and nature as I could.


This was the first summer I didn't have any summer classes and I enjoyed the extra time of rest and being able to spend time with my family. I really enjoyed being back in Pennsylvania and catching up with friends. Before I left my sister, nieces, and mom and I were able to go out together for a fun morning. :) It was a good memory.

I was also able to just help out around the house and enjoy being a sister and a daughter. :) I had a wonderful canoe ride with my Dad and good times with my mom. I also had fun being an auntie and had my nieces over for a sleepover. They begged for a science experiment so I gladly obliged. I can certainly do science experiments. :) hehe.

I don't think the goodbye's ever get easier. Sometimes I think they actually get harder. But I am thankful for the summer I had this year and all the blessings that I had while home.

No comments: