Monday, September 10, 2007

Quilt Patches

Tonight I finished sewing the last of my quilt patches for my first sampler quilt!! I'm so excited I couldn't resist taking a picture tonight and posting it. (I'm really just dying to show my mom and sister and thought I'd share it with you all as well). Sorry the picture is not the best but it will have to suffice for now! For those of you that didn't know that winter I started taking quilting lessons with a lady here who teaches at the school as well (she's American - the Chinese aren't really into quilting). She is an amazing teacher and I've learned a lot...half the blocks I sewed by hand and the the other half on a machine. Most of all, it's been really nice to have a hobby here and every Monday night I look forward to going to her house to sew/quilt. There's a lot of work left on this until it's finished but for now I'm excited the patches are done! Goodnight!... 5:15 comes way to early!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenn, it is beautiful! I'm so proud of you. I'm sure this will be the first of many.

Mom

Unknown said...

Jenn--neme piao liang! Zhen de! :) I'm super proud of you. WOW! Zhen Bang!

Anonymous said...

That is seriously the prettiest quilt I think I've ever seen. I LOVE the fall colors. -Christy :)