Sunday, September 2, 2007

Another Weekend

It's Sunday night - I just finished grading and still have some lesson planning to do. We have an in-service day tomorrow so no students...

This past weekend started Friday night with the senior/freshman girls sleepover. I was one of the chaperones - I think they're getting a little desperate. I didn't even like sleepovers when I was in high school. But for some reason I agreed to it and it was kind of fun. :) Amazingly they all went to sleep by 12:30 or 1 and I actually got some sleep!! It helped that they spend an obscene amount of time studying during the week and so are just as exhausted as me (and more-so) by Friday. In addition they had a volleyball game Saturday so sleep was important.

Saturday I spent more time running around looking for stuff for the house. We went to another furniture store. They actually had some very nice things but - well, not what I was looking for at the the right price. After that it was to the cyber mart (electronics), Home depot, and the fish/plant mini-market to get some fish bowls for Barton Tamale and the other beta's still at school. I priced fish tanks and am super excited to get one when are house is settled! :) For now Barton Tamale has a nice new bowl...still working on the accessories - as typical things don't get accomplished in one and even two trips.... :) I could explain but it would take too long... just trust me on that one.

Here's a picture of some randomness. I saw this last night on a walk outside. These towels are from a hair cutting place. What better way to dry the towels they use than on their bicycles. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey jenn! glad to see things are rolling right along in tianjin. I started my new job yesterday! it was a "first day"... kind of tedious and no one really knows whats going on, but it all seems promising. :) You'll get a real e-mail in a week or two when i actually know whats going on.