Sunday, September 9, 2007

Miss Chemistry

I'm not going to lie - it was a long week at school this week - and not b/c of the students... I'll spare you the details BUT - one of the bright spots was when one of my student's accidently called me Miss Chemistry. :) It was pretty funny.

I was trying to think of something interesting to share with you this week and nothing is coming....
Here's a feeble attempt. While I was in America this past summer....
...... the cost of food in China skyrocketed. Pork is about double the price and other things have increased about 1/3.
.....McDonald's changed all the fronts of their stores. the English name is now much smaller and it is much more Chinese looking with larger Chinese characters - nothing major there but interesting.

One other interesting note is that the Women's World Cup is coming to China. Some of the games will be played in Tianjin. I'm hoping to be able to go but don't know if I will be able to get tickets. It is still quite warm here and I must admit I'm ready for fall...but not winter.

Well, that's all for now - I'll try to be a little more interesting next time.

No comments: