Last week I spent 4 days in Hong Kong. We went for a educators conference.

It was definitely good - I went to a lot of great seminars and there were many good speakers. Besides going to sessions we had plenty of time to explore Hong Kong. Hong Kong was great and pretty easy to get around, besides the fact that I got lost coming out of more than one subway that opened into a shopping center. Their Malls are ridiculously large. We took fairies between islands - something I learned can be convenient and walked around not
only the waterfront but also in some different areas. We rode the tram up the mountain for the view of the entire city at night. The tram was built in the late 1800's and it was really interesting. We also rode the escalators (the longest in the word) halfway up the

mountain - it's the way many people apparently commute home from work down at the river front. I'll put some pictures up and hopefully that will give you a better idea. :)

I think one thing unique about Hong Kong were the number of LARGE, Tall, beautiful buildings. Everywhere there were buildings
with big names on the top. They were right beside the water as well and the
combination of water,
buildings, and mountains was beautiful.

In this picture we were walking along the water and there were the handprints of famous movie stars of Hong Kong. We were so inspired by his statue that we felt we had to pull out our own kung fu moves. :) I'd thought you'd be impressed as well.

1 comment:
Looks like a fun time in Hong Kong. I liked Hong Kong...though with three little kids and a VERY pregrant-with-twins wife in tow, I didn't get far from the airport and hotel. The night shot of the city is nice! Also enjoyed hearing about your Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment