Here's a recipe for a fun evening: Needed:
- 14 girls (2 adults - more if you want to keep your sanity :) )
- 3 recipes of sugar cookie cutouts (15 total cups of flour)
- 1 ppt with pictures from the internet of Christmas cookies in America (most have no concept of Christmas cookies. )
- 1 lesson on how to roll out and cut sugar cookies (see picture...do I feel a career change to home-ec coming up???? jk - not really, biology is too much
fun! :) )
- 3 rolling pins of our own, 2 borrowed from the neighbors.
- a few flour fights (see picture at the top)
- a LOT of cookies sheets (some also borrowed from neighbors)
- Two ovens in which to make the WAY more than
anticipated cookies - oops. :) :) Again - our neighbors are great to answer the call in the middle of chaos! :)
- Number of cookie trays baked - about 17 or 18 - we lost track.... In this picture there are two in the oven, two in the neighbors oven and well, you can see the ones on the counter - that's not all of them and some were already baked... :)
- three batches of icing and an hour decorating the cookies.
The girls don't believe in simply decorating things...every cookie is a masterpiece.
- 1 large mess
- countless fun memories. :)
- The number of cookies left at our house after it was all over - 2
- The time I kicked them out to go home because both them and us were exhausted - 10:00pm
Favorite quote of the evening, "Ms. Forney, do people do this a lot in America? I mean this is a lot of work."
No kidding! haha I explained that people usually don't spend 5 minutes decorating each cookie and it goes a little faster but that yes, this was a big reason why this was a Christmas tradition and not often done.
It was totally worth it - I really enjoyed the evening and am MOST grateful to my roommate Dani Beth for all her help. :)
3 comments:
Jenn,
I loved your cookie recipe and pictures of the great event. By the way did you have the girls help clean up or did you and Dani Beth have to do that after they all went home? I am tired just reading about it. And to think I was actually thinking of making cookies at school this Friday with my students. Ha!
Mom
Nice work Miss Forney! Looks like you had a wonderful time:)
Yummmmmmmm!
Post a Comment