Sunday, September 21, 2008

Cake Decorating class.




You never know when what you learned years ago will come in handy.  When I was in elementary school and went to summer camp I took the "cake decorating" elective many years.  And during the summers in college my friend Gwen and I would get together and decorate cakes.... and the other week it all came in handy.  My small group girls were coming over and they always want to do something "different"  I was exhausted and didn't feel like doing a HUGE thing nor did I have the prep time.  So thankfully Molly mixed up a batch of cup cakes and I pulled out the cake decorating set compliments of my aunt and mom and couple years ago and mixed up a couple of batches of icing and we had cake decorating lessons. :)  It was pretty fun.  I found myself saying the exact same things my teachers told me many years ago.  They did really well and I think we have some aspiring cake decorators in the group. :)     And of course the best part was eating the cake and icing all through the decorating and afterwards. :)  

No comments: