Saturday, September 6, 2008

Back to School

I don't have any pictures for this post yet - I will have plenty later.  But I did want to post and say that YES!  I have started back to school - I've been in school for 2 1/2 weeks now.  Can I just say I love my job.  Really!  I am SOOOO thankful to be able to work here and with these kids and teach what I love and work with great colleagues.

I am teaching two classes of Biology (9th grade).  There are 35 total students in these classes.  I had most of them last year and I love the fact that I already know them.  It really cuts down on the time I have to get used to them and vice versa.  Even though it is my first year teaching Biology it's going ok.  The teacher who taught it last year is still there and is a HUGE help.  In addition, when I read the text I remember a lot of what I learned in college.  For example, I read about "Autotroph". I think, Oh yeah, An autotroph is an organism that makes it's own food - OF course!  I knew that. :) ).  

I am still teaching Chemistry.  I have two classes of Chemistry (about 35-40 students total).  It's my fourth year teaching Chem so even though it was a little rough when I started out I am very familiar with what is going on and where I'm going with the class. :)  I taught these students two years ago and they are an enjoyable class as well. 

I am still working on a masters degree in education.  After I sign off here I will begin my first Saturday of working on grad work.  It keeps me really busy but I remind myself that I just have ONE MORE YEAR and that I can do it! :)   Step by Step is my motto. :)  

I will put up some more pictures of my classroom (OH!! It's the first time that I teach ALL my classes in the same room and don't have to travel around!)  I'm so excited. :)  in a few days. 

Thanks for reading. 

No comments: