I've been back for three days now. It is 4:30 am and I have been awake for 1 1/2 hours. No I am not over jet-lag yet.
My days have been spent unpacking boxes and boxes of stuff at home and settling in at school.
I unpacked the last box of desk stuff last night after finally getting a bookshelf. However, I have a lot of reorganizing to do in my room. I am very thankful for my roommate Dani Beth who was here over the summer and did SO much work on the apartment. She and Molly have lived here for the last two years - so I'm very familiar with the apartment. But enough has changed that we all feel as though we are starting fresh. Dani Beth unpacked the kitchen boxes and reorganized all that stuff as well as many other things and that has been such a huge blessing.
I also had boxes to unpack at school as the location of my desk has changed. We are definitely bursting at the seems. I am teaching 5 classes in 3 different rooms. There just isn't the room to teach in the same room and while I'm not thrilled about this prospect there's not much I can do about it.
In other news, I was amazed when I landed at how GREEN it is here. Now, we don't have a lot of grass or trees here but what we do have is very very green (unlike where I left in PA that had crunchy brown grass and brown corn). It has been muggy and hot (think sauna - ish) and yes, haven't seen a blue sky yet.
Well, I'm going back to organizing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment