Saturday, August 18, 2007

First Days of School

School started on Thursday. This year things are a little different. My desk moved next door to the biology room which I share with the biology teacher. My first two classes are on the 4th floor. The Honors chemistry is in the biology room and the regular chemistry class in the chemistry lab. Yes, we have a space problem in the school but I am getting used to it. It could be much worse. Here's a picture of my new little nook. I am a fan of the bookshelf.

I am enjoying both the 8th grade and the 10th grade classes. I taught the 10th graders two years ago and it is a lot of fun to have them again. I have now taught every class in the high school and it's good to know the students well. We have a fair number of new students this year and am also missing quite a few faces.


Generally, I am doing well. Settling in.... Went to the fabric market today for fabric for a duvet cover. I did manage to find a piece of fabric of a decent color without sequins and ribbons.... Quite an accomplishment I would say! :)

6 comments:

Emily said...

aww! look at your chair! YAY! :) i hope this school year is filled with fun and excitement! Say hello to Molly and DB for me!

heidi. said...

Oh wow, it's already school for y'all. Time sure flies :)

Joy @ SAH Missionary said...

Um...what is the problem with sequins and ribbons? Isn't that what every girl wants on her...duvet, clothes, window treatments, shoes, hats, and everything else you could possibly think of?! :)
Blessings,
Joy

Joy @ SAH Missionary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hey girl! Aww, you should have had the seamstress who made my hanbok do your duvet cover... she could add lots of embellishments for you!

Unknown said...

Aww, I like your nook. Love the plant. :) Wish I could be there to stop by like the good ol' days...