Saturday, August 22, 2009

School has started 09!

And I'm back! Thanks to some nice technology I am able to sneak onto my blog here even though it is still not accessible. Shhhh! :) I am not going to upload pictures at this time but I will give you a short update.

The summer was good. I enjoyed spending time with all my family (that includes my parents, sister and her family, and brother and his family who was back from Indonesia) while in Pennsylvania. I had a lot of fun being an auntie and doing science experiments with my nieces and nephews. :)

I returned to China on August 4th and in-service at school started on the 7th. School started last week and it has been really good. We have about 20 new students in the high school and although we lost some because of the economy our overall numbers have stayed the same - well, actually grown a little bit. I am having a good year so far. Teaching Biology and Chemistry again is less stressful this year and I haven't had as much work in the evening. This is the third year I have taught the students that are in 10th grade Chemistry so some of them I know very well. Although I have never had the 9th graders they have been a very fun and easy to get to know class and I think biology with them will be quite lively. I am actually excited to be back in the classroom and to be reconnecting with friends here in China.

The area around where I live has been changing. While I was gone this summer, construction started on making the bridge on the way to a huge clover leaf to connect another road. Construction is a way of life here and it pops up overnight it seems. It's never really convenient but there's nothing one can do about it.

Well, that's a little of the news from my part of the world. Will write more later.

No comments: