Spring break was two weeks ago here at TIS. Spring here in Tianjin is starkly beautiful with so many blossoming trees, and greenery finally emerging. I was in desperate need of a break from the city and so after spending the first day (Wednesday) working on a grad paper, I went up to Ji Xian which is a town about 2 1/2 hours north of here. (It's where the Tianjin portion of the Great Wall is). There is a ropes course that is associated with my
company and I was able to stay with some families up there whom I know. It was the perfect blend of time with people and time alone. One afternoon I did some climbing on the climbing wall that is at the adventure site. (I am NO expert believe me....) The next day I spent the majority of the time outside reading. It was the perfect break away. A fire and marshmallows was also involved one evening and I just really enjoyed the fellowship and time away.
Easter was a great day last week as well. Some friends and I had a picnic on the grassy area beside one of the canals in Tianjin. Again, the flowers were beautiful and we just enjoyed the spring weather.
We also took "family" pictures. These are my roommates - part of my very special "China Family". :) Then there is Katie, my former roommate...with Josie who will not appear for another month and a half... and then a group picture of the ladies from the picnic. :) 


No comments:
Post a Comment