One of the interesting things about living here is always some new thing in the way of outside decoration. The district where our school is located has quite a thing for interesting outdoor "beautifying" items. Many of us have nicknamed it "Little Vegas" with all the lights that are on the buildings there. (you may remember the sunflowers from the "Tropical Tianjin" post. There are about 20 of those sunflowers down the street and the flowers light up at night - yes, it's quite special) But this winter there was a new level to the lights. They decided that every tree along the road needed to be completely wrapped in lights. Some of them the lights were just draped throughout the trees. But for others they literally wrapped every branch and stem with lights. It looked pretty at night - sure. But during the day this is what you saw:


All I could think of was what my Dad (an electrician) would have to say about this.
Two weeks ago there were trucks along the streets and I saw men in the trees. The lights are all gone for now. Who knows what will be next. :)
2 comments:
Well Jenn, that certainly is quite a mess in a tree. I must say I never saw anything like it. I wonder how many man hours it took to get the mess out of the trees?
Mom
Hahahahaha! Special!!
Post a Comment