Saturday, April 12, 2008

Kites

Since my days at SIAS when I had a large Bumblebee kite and flew it with my friends and the village men on the hill behind the university I have wanted to get another one and fly a kite here in Tianjin.  Today was finally the day.  It started out cool and rainy but cleared up and turned out to be a beautiful day.  Molly and I went with our friends over to a large area where we often see people out flying kites.  And there sure were lots of people!  But it was fun to be out and to enjoy the day and to once again fly a kite! :)  Now that we have one we can hopefully do it a little more often. :)   The Chinese definitely know how to make kites and there were such a variety out there today.  It was fun to see all the people and the unique kites. :)   I'm not sure you can see it in the picture but there are LOT of kites in the air. :) 



No comments: