
Christmas is coming at TIS and things are getting fun and busy. Last weekend I had girls over again, this time we made gingerbread houses together. I didn't really want to roll and cut out 8 gingerbread houses so I thought maybe Graham Crackers would be the way to go. Unfortunately, Graham Crackers are a difficult thing to find around here. There were many times I almost gave up but I'm glad I didn't. The girls seemed to really enjoy themselves and I loved seeing all the different houses. I never get tired of making gingerbread houses....well, it's exhausting yes,

but always fun.


This weekend is full of concerts and other things. Tonight was the high school Christma

s band and choir concert. I know I've mentioned this before, but there are a couple of things that are interesting about the choir and band at TIS. Here the tenor section is the largest and best section of the choir, all solos were sung by guys, and there were just as many guys as girls in the flute and clarinet section. It keeps getting better every year. I was so proud of them. The choir sang some great songs and the band played the Hallelujah Chorus. So many of our students are multi-talented: playing the violin, piano, singing, and french horn. As my friend said, "Now I understand why my kids are so tired everyday!" :)
Tomorrow morning is the Christmas Bazaar at school and Tomorrow night is the middle school concert that I will go to. It's a busy weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment