Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Odds and Ends

Well, to respond to inquiries, I got the cake from Mr. G in guidance. Someone had donated it to the admissions office and before school on Friday he asked if I had any use for a cake. Immediately I said YES b/c we unfortunately had not fully celebrated Mole day earlier in the week with a cake. So Friday we ate cake and listened to the Mole song from my chemistry CD's. Sorry you all missed it. :) The mole song is a good one....but not quite as exciting as the Mendeleev one which is part of next unit. Yes, I now have a song for almost every unit we do. It's great! :) And yes, they are really cheesy but great!

I just had to update my family and friends on my quilt....Last night I finally finished sewing together the top. All the blocks are now put together. I'm working on the back and then have to put it together and quilt it - whew these things are a lot of work. I'll spare you more pictures after this but just wanted to show it to you with the borders on.

2 comments:

Emily said...

spare us more pictures?! how can you even think that it would be torturous to see pics of this fabulous piece of work?! Ok... well, i may be in the minority with all my excitement over quilting... but i'm sayin!

good job, jenn! Lots of love!

heidi. said...

haha, it's really cool, nice work! :)