Spring has arrived and it is beautiful. The flowering trees are blooming a
nd the leaves are coming out. What a difference it makes! Easter weekend the weather was just amazing - clear blue blue skies with white puffy clouds. This combination doesn't happen very often in Tianjin. Sunday afternoon I went to the large park here. I sometimes just can't handle the fact that there is so much concrete around me and finding a place to sit on grass is difficult. So i rode my bike there, paid the fee to get into the park and sat and read for a little bit. Here's some pictures in the park. It's still very much the city....

Things I've been up to in the last two weeks.
Two weekends ago, I had a bridal shower for my roommate. Katie left this morning to return to America where she will get married. She and her future husband Dave will return to china (he is also living in Tianjin currently) but then she will no longer be my roommate. :( It's been really good to live with Katie this year and I will miss having her as a roommate. (We still teach on the same floor so we will still see each other.)
The high school spring banquet was last Thursday. This is a goodbye banquet for the
seniors (although a little early this year). Here's a picture of some of my 10th grade girls. During the banquet the seniors are honored by having the teachers sing them their "senior song". One of the teachers takes popular songs and write personal lyrics to them. These have become quite entertaining and is the highlight of the banquet for the students to see their teachers do these things.
Things I've been up to in the last two weeks.
The high school spring banquet was last Thursday. This is a goodbye banquet for the
Last Saturday, my friends and I got together and had an Easter party. I was missing the Easter
stuff I did as a kid sometimes... We decorated eggs, made
peanut butter eggs and just enjoyed hanging out with each other. Here's a picture of some of the eggs. Some of my friends that grew up overseas or in Korean homes had never decorated eggs before. They were reluctant but I think they had fun in the end.
School continues to remain busy. Due to a very busy schedule in March and contining our school has cancelled one of our teacher in service days during the May holiday. (The first week of May is a national holiday) So I proposed the idea of going to go to a camp in Inner Mongolia for a week of rest, relaxation, and hopefully breathing fresh air. So I and four other girls bought our tickets this week. Let me clarify that Inner Mongolia is a province in China not the country. I'm really looking forward to that. Unfortunately, the grasslands Genghis Khan rode over won't be grassy but I think it will be a great time anyway. I am also in the midst of planning the 10th grade spring trip to Guilin - the same place I went to last year.
I think that's about all for now. Oh and mangoes are in season here again and that is always exciting!
2 comments:
Glad you are well--and seeing some sunshine. It was warmer on Christmas than Easter in PA this year! Crazy huh!? Thinking of you! Wishing I could find a fresh mango!
I just have to say that my 4yo is slurping outloud at the picture of your peanut butter eggs! :)
Kimberly Geswein
Post a Comment