Sunday, March 4, 2007

Snow day

Day 12 with no sunshine..... It snowed last night - a slushy, freezing rain snow. This is the most snow I've seen since living here. Since plowing is nonexistant and drainage is poor at best I will be staying inside today.

One great thing about the snow is that the firecrackers are less and it is dampening the sound of them! yahoo!!


Sorry mom, I don't know if I will carry on the doughnut tradition today, but I certainly did think about it. I might settle for something a little less work.
It doesn't matter where I am, snow brings out a sense of excitement and is just so pretty (as it's falling -- later I wouldn't agree.)

Have a great day!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeremy had a snow day too...and it probably wouldn't be a far stretch to say that plowing in nonexistant in A-town....although if you work at a hospital, you still have to find a way in. Its funny to be driving along with the postal people, the plow trucks, and hospital employees...we are the only fools who venture out in this stuff!

Emily said...

lets talk about snow days for a moment, shall we? it is snowing and sleeting here like crazy today... today, the day my sister and fiance were flying in from texas (on separate flights mind you-- one came, the other didn't), today, the day i was supposed to drive the 3 of us "home" to my parents... grrr. it is not pretty, but this too shall pass, eh? love you!