Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Season

Well, its that time of year again...time to have girls over for Christmas cookies! :) Last Saturday night we had 9 girls over for the annual Christmas Cookie baking. This year was certainly less chaotic than last year. All 9 girls had done roll-out cookies before (most for the first time last year) and since there were only 9 instead of 13 - well, yeah we didn't use ALL 15 cups of flour this year.

But we certainly still had fun. I am always amazed at how intricately the girls will decorate each cookie. I guess they don't have the years of indoctrination that shaking a couple of sprinkles on a tree is "good enough". Instead they carefully pick out each exact sprinkle they would like to decorate their tree with or design a specific sequence of icing and sprinkles for their stars..or they ditch the cookie cutters all together and start making their own shapes and designs. In addition, they loved the pink and purple and blue icing. It's not what I think of as Christmas cookies but that's not the point - they had a lot of fun and that is what it's all about! :) Plus we made a lot of yummy cookies - doesn't matter the shape or the color of icing! :)

Here's a picture of Dani Beth - she always helps me when the girls come over. I don't know what I'd do without her. :) Here we're taking a little "breather" in the kitchen in the middle of the decorating.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Looks like a yummy blast! Sheesh! That's a ton of cookies!