This past week we have had a vacation from school (ok two days were in service) due to the National Labor Day here. I always enjoy May Holiday. The weather is usually nice, it's green, and it's nice to have a break from school.
On Wednesday, my roommates and I went to Beijing for the day. We did some of the usual
shopping but we also made it a point to go to the Summer Palace. Molly and I had never really explored this place before and we decided it was time. We avoided the palace areas that were crowded with many tour groups and instead walked around the western and southern parts of the large Kunming Lake. It was very beautiful (GREEN) and we enjoyed the time there. Here area a few pictures from that.
I found the bridges on the causeway especially beautiful. :)
(yes, It was a smoggy day).JPG)
(yes, It was a smoggy day)
In crossing the city we drove past the olympic stadium. This is the first time I ha
ve actually seen it and it was pretty exciting. No, I still do not have olympic tickets... I'm a little overwhelmed by them right now. (poor excuse but that's the way it is).
The rest of the week I've been trying to catch up on errands and things around here. I managed to have many of the 10th grade girls over for a brunch. Of course that was the morning i woke up and our water had been turned off. :) It came on about 1 hour after they arrived so we survived. It's always an adventure...
No comments:
Post a Comment